Sunday, September 30, 2012

First Attempt at Angry Birds Lunch - partial fail

Ruthie went to a birthday party this weekend and it had an angry birds theme, down to the invitations (the gift bag was even an angry birds drink cup holding a packet of fruit snacks, a fruit roll-up, 3 pieces of candy (snack size), and a little rubber angry bird ball you put together... all wrapped in cellophane).  So she asked for an Angry Bird lunch.

I've been sick all week with this horrible virus and have still not picked up food writer pens (the kids were sick first, so it's been two weeks of buying lots of medicines), so I saw the fail coming, but it made her happy, so it was worth it.

First, we have a turkey (bird meat) sandwich... I made a face from a heal of the loaf, but had to freehand it... that, combined with the fact my daughter rarely eats a full sandwich (I only packed a half sandwich) not giving much room for it, and the angry bird face ended up how you see it below.



In the yellow-green silicone cup she has chunks of apple and on the bottom she has a field of lettuce.
In the pink pig silicone cup she has all of the angry bird fruit snacks, surrounded by pretzels (there are two under it, too)

She was thrilled, but I am seeing that I will be going to walmart for the food writing pens this week even if I'm still sick.  I could have done so much more with them.

No comments: