Sunday, September 16, 2012

Lunch to Go

Saturday we went to the aquarium, so of course, I packed lunches for everyone!  Mine and my oldest son's were nothing to write home about as they were not cute, and since everyone had the same things in theirs, pretty much, I just took a picture of Ruthie's and her brother, Jeffrey's.

Yes, my boy LOVES him some bento meals. I kept it on the low-key, though, with two kinds of bread so the star was visible to him, but he could eat it without anyone else who might walk by seeing it if he held it right. The sandwich is pb, honey, and strawberry preserves. He has celery that I cut flowers out of (for Ruthie... I had the rest of her "crusts"... they taste the same, but this one held together perfectly) with two flowers of green pepper in each slot... more celery and some carrots are in with it, along with grapes. Angry bird crackers are tucked around the sandwich. Water in a Spiderman Funtainer


Ruthie has pb,honey, and strawberry preserves. half a sandwich cut into two pieces for easier eating quickly... third quarter is cut (by hand... cutter was just too big to do it with one and I was not using the tiny veggy cutter on sandwiches) a star or maybe a ninja, since she said it looked like one to her. She has angry bird crackers, celery flowers (BIG HIT) and grapes skewered on my Dollar Tree heart picks (a box of 100 for a dollar... YES PLEASE), along with two pieces of cucumber. Water in her dora funtainer (thank goodness for water fountains... we can bring reuseable water bottles and drink the whole time and keep refilling and not overpay for bottled water) 
(Ruthie ate a grape off one pick before I took this picture of her lunch, lol)

 Damian had a regular pbh sandwich, the crackers, grapes, and carrots.  I had pbh and strawberry, I had carrots, celery, and green pepper, a container of nectarine chunks and grapes, and some low fat cheese crackers, which I only got 6 of because Damian ate the rest.

No comments: