Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Okay, so my oldest woke up sick during the night and so I totally forgot that today was Talk Like a Pirate Day until Ruthie was already off to school with a very boring lunch of leftover pizza, salad, and crackers (yeah, I didn't take a picture)

In an attempt to redeem myself and because my daughter was not aware that it was today, I decided to get right to work and make her a yummy pirate lunch for tomorrow.  I also topped her containers with notes from mom (held on by tape)

In our big Tinkerbell Sandwich box she has a bed of salad where two pirate skulls rest above a celery X to mark the spot.  She has angry bird "parrot" crackers to go with them.  In the blue hello kitty container from the set of 4, she has "gold nuggets" aka peaches with a cocktail fork pick (100 in a pack at Dollar Tree when you can find them... so awesome and if you lose one, you won't sweat it) for eating.  She'll have strawberry lemonade to drink.


To tie our containers into our theme, I used leftover notebook paper (we're just short on construction and printer paper today) to make her a cute little pirate map and a fun note on the lids.

I missed out on joining this blog hop, but I want to invite everyone to participate in this giveaway that you can enter once you go to each blog in the hop and find each of the clues (there are 38 clues and then two bonus ones that you will need to get your first two entries)  The prize (there are 3 winners) will be a gift certificate for bento stuff!  I'm hoping to win!


No comments: