Thursday, September 6, 2012

Successes and Fails

Well, although it is the first week of school, we are already thinking about our successes and failures (or at least I am) and so ironically this lunch shows both.

My first attempt at a dairy-free (usually eyes are most easily made from cheese) Phineas & Ferb was both of these things.  Phineas was a noted success... Ferb is a mini fail... but I'm sure my daughter won't mind.  In the future, I need to get to the store for the food writer pens or do this on a day when I have some leftover tortilla to use for the whites of the eyes.

Today was also a success/fail with Ruthie's hair.  I wanted to do something pretty with it... she didn't... she wanted it all just down.  I failed to convince her to do something cute... I succeeded in getting her to let me keep the front out of her face with a side braid.  That's pretty boring, so the picture is only of her lunch.

Pretzals and salad keep the guys in place in our tinkerbell sandwich box and some of the darker lettuce is ferb's hair.  Carrots (supported by the salad and Phin's head) are hair for Phineas.  She also has a ziplock rectangle container filled with orange wedges and a bottle of water.


No comments: