Sunday, September 23, 2012

Happy National Punctuation Day!

Did you know that Sept. 24th is National Punctuation Day?  Well, neither did I, until I was looking for ideas of what to do for my daughter's lunch and googled the date.

So, with this being tied into writing and learning, I decided to make a bento for Ruthie featuring punctuation.

Unfortunately, she doesn't eat enough (nor does she eat carrots, which make easy periods or colons) to do a LOT, so hopefully others will do even cuter ones, but I did come up with something she thinks is cute and is excited to take to school.

She has two exclamation points (pb, honey, and strawberry on a hotdog bun cut in half, with two peanut butter crackers) on a bed of salad (lettuces and cucumber), and then we have apple slices that are a comma, dash marks, and a set of quotation marks.

No comments: