Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Simple and fun School Lunch

So I saw this idea for how to make an apple look like the grapes were a worm coming out of it, but I could not get it to fit properly inside any of my containers... so I will be trying this again later.  Otherwise, for a snack you give your kids out of container or at home with no lid to go on the container, it's a great idea to make fruit cute and fun.

I ended up scrapping my attempts and instead made a similar creature, and one of Ruthie's favorites... a snake.

After verifying with my daughter that this was NOT too much food, I sent her with her "little Ruthie" turkey sandwich and some of the scraps cut into flowers on a skewer.
I then put flower cucumbers and a grape (to fill it up) on another skewer.  The little girl is walking on celery "grass" and there is a grape snake on the grass... the red heart skewer ends up looking like a snake's tongue, which she loved.  And, totally un-cute is the apple, cut in half.  I WILL be redeeming myself from this fail... and I think I know how... I think I will do the grapes coming out of the top and bottom so it is like the worm is coring the apple. - we are out of grapes, so hopefully you will see that next week, depending on the produce at the market.

Water was sent in her funtainer.

No comments: