Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Flower Power! - Take one

Well, I finally got my first set of veggie cutters and my daughter immediately went nuts for the flower one.  I thought about doing a flower sandwich (I have a cookie cutter that is a flower and in the future, that's what I'll probably do), but I had leftover breaded chicken patties, so I cut one into strips for her this time.

She hadn't eaten much of her lunch the previous day, so I wanted small bites.

For this lunch, I used my Melissa & Doug Bella Butterfly Snack Container.  While sold as a snack box for a toddler, this box easily holds a good sized lunch for school aged children and fits in even the smallest of lunch bags with plenty of room for a drink.  If you are looking for a first box to stop using baggies, this is a good one.  They also have a turtle for boys who may not want pink with hearts or for a change of pace.  I've had it for a year and it still looks like brand new, so this is a container that is easily worth twice what you pay for it.

Along with her chicken strips (top right section) she has Apple flowers and some cucumber flowers (top left) and then the rest of the cucumber slices were stacked with apple flowers in the middle.  I wasn't sure she'd eat them because she can be picky about foods tasting like each other or touching too much, but apparently they were a big hit, so this is a good way to get kids more comfortable with food touching.  a few black grapes and celery pieces round out this meal.  She also had a funtainer of strawberry lemonade.


This lunch was a big hit, as the box came back completely empty!

No comments: