Monday, October 1, 2012

Halloween Countdown Bento #1

Halloween is coming!  We love this holiday and so I decided we will do a countdown to it in Ruthie's lunches!  Today is the first bento... 29 Days till Halloween!

I made it in her Tinkerbell sandwich box which still surprises me on how much it holds.

Two bat sandwiches filled with peanut butter and strawberry fly at the top of the lunch which holds a green silicone bakign cup of cucumber chunks with a skull ring for decoration, a pink silicone cup of orange chunks with a cocktail fork pick (from Dollar Tree) because they are so juicy.  Surrounding the two cups are bite-sized celery sticks (also called BONES during halloween... hehe), and I used my BOO cookie cutter (plastic, so required both hands to push down) to make the word from orange peel.  Above the bats is a sour apple laffy taffy that I found hiding in a drawer... leftover from one day or another... so she even has her first TREAT along with her lunch of yummy tricks.  A note on the top of the box helps her count down, too (it's only held on by the bands that keep the box closed, so she can pocket it if she wants... she did that with her pirate map from our pirate day lunch)

Her other treat of 8oz (in a re-used Motts Juice bottle from an 8pack I bought last year) of watermelon/cherry kool-aid (50/50 with water) is not pictured.


The cutters used for this lunch are from a Wilton set I got from ebay

What fun things are you doing to get ready for Halloween?

No comments: