Thursday, October 4, 2012

27 days till Halloween!

This is another one of those "do I really wanna post this?" lunches, because it isn't the prettiest, but I like to be honest with my lunch making process, so here it is.

I've been wanting to do those cute apple mouths, but Ruthie doesn't like almonds or uncooked marshmallow, so I finally decided to try banana... she doesn't care for pb on her banana, so I used toothpicks to put them together.  Now this morning I woke up with this AHA moment of how I could have done it without the toothpicks, so I'll be doing that shortly... on the brighter side, Ruthie was pleased and saw them as mouths right away.  In the main section she has "BRAINS" aka... shredded chicken, then she has some bones of carrots and celery (trying to get her to eat carrots by sneaking small bits into some of her meals), and then a silicone cup of lettuces and another of cucumber jack o'lanterns... sorry that you can only see one, but there it is.


No comments: