Tuesday, October 9, 2012

22 Days to Halloween!

Today's countdown lunch very subtly pays tribute to our good friend, Count Von Count from Sesame Street, who turns 40 today.


As the Count lives with bats in his castle, I made pb & strawberry bat sandwiches on a bed of salad.  Since he's turning the big 4-0, I put 4 bat rings in the salad for decoration to count.


Because he is a vampire, I packed mandarin oranges (the other half of the can I used for yesterday's lunch) with a white "vampire teeth" fork pick.

I did have more direct ideas, but some little girl was worried that her friends would think that it was too babyish, so I went for sublte references instead.  I did not take a picture of the label for her sandwich box, but I drew vampire mouths, bats, and a spooky cat to help tie into the theme.

I still don't have food writing pens as the surrounding stores that carry them are out, or I would have done a basic vampire sandwich.  Ah, well, I may still do one for another halloween lunch.

No comments: