Thursday, October 11, 2012

20 Days Until Halloween!

This lunch is pretty simple, somewhat leftovers, and super cute in my opinion.  I know Ruthie was totally excited.

First, we have a leftover crescent roll hot dog from supper last night.  Sadly, I don't have candy eyes (MY BAD) and didn't have anything to really use for eyes, but when I put the ketchup on the way I did, I realized it's okay... instead of a mummy, it's a finger/arm that has been scratched by a werewolf!  Either way, the ketchup makes it look bloody, which Ruthie loves.  I put wax paper underneath, even though it wasn't getting moist, just to make sure the bottom stays dry.

In the big compartment she has 4 apple mouths with celery teeth... she also has extra teeth to nibble on.

Along with this she has some leftover barbecue chips (in a separate container not shown) and mango/peach kool-aid to drink (watered down)... so not the healthiest lunch, but not bad in the grand scheme of things.


Of course, now that I'm thinking of it, I probably could have made the apples stay in position more easily by putting the extra "teeth in a silicone baking cup or two... but ah, well.

No comments: