Friday, November 30, 2012

Another Round of Sandwich Rounds

My daughter seriously loves multigrain bread, which is fabulous.  She also loves the round sandwich thins.  So I was happy when we scored some on sale this week.  We are already out of them as they are a big hit in our house and there aren't a lot in a pack.

However, I always buy them when they are on sale, so there will always be more opportunities.

Today's lunch was just plain simple, but just by arranging it carefully, it looks so yummy and appealing.... yay for bentos!

We used rubbermaid single section containers that I scored a 3-pack of at Big Lots for 2 bucks... these are great because they are smaller than the Easy Lunchboxes I was thinking of recently and talked about in my last post.  Whether you get the ones with two sections or the single section ones, they are also much more durable than the ziplock brands.  So you've probably already seen the sectioned ones we've had for over a year in some of my other posts.

With the green container from her Hello Kitty set (minus the lid) and two silicone baking cups, it's easy to make sections it to keep her food snugly packed and only have her have to open one thing.

Her sandwich in question is ham and honey mustard... which I'm pleased to say she ate every bite of... yep, her love of mustard is new, but it's instant and on things other than just tuna/chicken/egg salad sandwiches. I am pleased because it helps keep the sandwich together.  I cut it in half and stacked it.  Apple chunks are in the green container... this was a big apple, so I got the leftover 1/6 of it and it was JUICY.  She has cucumber slices again today and, as a treat, some all natural baked garlic New York Style (brand) Pita Chips.  They are so yummy.  We also got a bag of the sea salt ones (they are at dollar tree.. SCORE!) and... BONUS... I looked over the ingredients and they are allergy safe for all except those allergic to wheat or who can't have gluten.

They also do not contain HFCS, which is always important.


What's also cute is that she was using her brother's DSi and insisted on taking her own picture of her lunch... so cute.  I haven't seen how it turned out as she said she was "adding stickers", but it's cute that she notices I'm documenting her lunches.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I get 24/$5 at Costco, they're freaking AWESOME.
~Estelle