Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Panda Sandwich

Okay, so I've been totally oggling the new CuteZcute cutters, but just can't snag any yet as the holiday season is here.

This morning I pulled out one of our favorite containers - our kotobuki panda bento box - and was wishing again that I had those cutters to make a coordinating sandwich when I realized the top container was small enough at the top to cut a sandwhich that would still fit in the bottom.  Bonus, it uses almost all of the bread... I actually had to manually trim some crust from the bottom of each slice and there is crust on MY left on the ear, but it doesn't show or give the panda a beard the way the bottom crust would.

A black food-safe marker (I also used a blue one for the iris portion of the eyes because otherwise, they were NOT the same size) and I had the perfect panda sandwich for this box!

Ruthie deemed it... "cool!".. so while not super creative, it definitely pleased her.

I may use this way to make her hello kitty sandwich next time and see if I like the result better with having more set ears... I have not tried to see if it would seal the sandwich this time, but may in the future.


Her sides are celery (though I now realize they could stand for bamboo... that pandas eat) and mandarin oranges, which of course are grown mostly in China... so I didn't even realize how spot-on my theme realy was, with so little effort for decoration!



No comments: