Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Pre-Thanksgiving Bento

Okay, so I woke up totally unsure what I was going to do for her lunch today, but then I saw the deli turkey in the fridge, remembered thanksgiving was next week, and it all came together.

I had ordered the turkey pics (pack of 6) last year from amazon and this was a great excuse to use them, as well as a turkey cookie cutter that I have no clue where I got it... it's big and red and it's awesome for Thanksgiving lunches!

So she has a Turkey turkey sandwich on multigrain bread (which I had already flattened before I realized that it was not the most cutter-friendly... so it took a lot of moving back and forth to get the edges done, but, totally worth it.  I obviously don't have the proper colors to color in a turkey, but I went to color the waddle of the turkey (the red flappy thing) red and decided to do the beak... and the color scheme hit me... red/blue/white (okay, beige cause that's the color of the bread) for the USA!

It's resting on a bed of salad and she has apple slices, MORE halloween pretzels (I still had 6 bags left... so cool that halloween keeps giving two weeks after it's gone), the LAST TWO tootsie rolls, and two turkey picks walking around in her lunch.


Yes, she's been having apples almost every day, but they're AWESOME, really cheap this time of year, and she LOVES them.

No comments: