Friday, November 2, 2012

QUACK QUACK! - what do you do with a duck?

Months ago I got a bag of 12 yellow duck cupcake toppers from amazon.com using a swagbucks giftcard, unsure of how I would use them, but determined that they were too cute and inexpensive to pass up (at the time they were $3.21 w/ free shipping).

Well, I figured out one way to incorporate them into the lunches... I did a zoo-themed lunch!

So first I put down a bed of grass, then colored a circle sandwich filled with turkey and pepperoni blue to be the duck pond/lake... I added pretzels for logs/sticks on the ground (it's fall, after all), and a silicone cup of cucumber flowers.  She also has a separate container of apple slices.  To make the theme come together, she has one duck on the pond (I had to cut the actual pick portion in half, but for a child with a bigger appetite, two sandwiches stacked in a taller container/box would work fine... it was rather easy, though... I used a regular pair of scissors), a pink "wolf cub" in the cucumber flowers, and a monkey in the apples (since they do enjoy eating fruit)  This makes me want to get another set of picks from allthingsforsale.com just to get a lion and elephant... which we have at our zoo.

To go along with this, she is taking water in her gorilla-shaped bottle that we originally got at the zoo!

Her lunch is packed in her tinkerbell sandwich box and a 4oz round glad container.


No comments: