Monday, November 12, 2012

Angry Birds - this time, without a fail!

Okay, so my daughter HATED the fruit snacks the last time I made her an angry birds lunch... she apparently does not like fruit snacks not made from real fruit... can't blame her on that one.  So considering that and the fact we didn't have any angry birds crackers, this lunch is all about the sandwich.

I was about to buy a sandwich press until I discovered, when using a coffee mug to cut a circle sandwich for the first time, I discovered that the coffee mug will make a sealed pocket sandwich just as easily... and then you can fill it with your coffee/tea/cocoa after you wipe the bread remnants off it!

So Ruthie has a PB & Strawberry (if you haven't figured it out yet, this is my daughter's FAVORITE sandwich... and Strawberry is her FAVORITE fruit spread) red angry bird - the red bird is her favorite, by the way.


To go with the sandwich, she has a pack of halloween pretzels underneath to help the sandwich really catch attention and make it easy to pick up.  Also, since I somehow managed to choose the pb side to color, this also prevents moisture from collecting and having the strawberry spread start soaking through.


Her other sides are apple and cucumber slices.  The lunch is packed in our Hello Kitty Containers... I'd originally thought I was going to do a Hello Kitty lunch, but then after I cut the circle, I remembered I wanted to do a second go at angry birds... the big container is perfect for holding the sandwich and with less juicy sides tucked underneath, it probably could have held all (or almost all) of her lunch... if I left the pretzel pack separate in her lunch bag.

She has orange juice to drink today... poor girl is getting a bit bound up again... so hopefully the whole grain bread and all the fiber from the apples and OJ will help.

No comments: