Friday, December 21, 2012

Please eat something healthy lunch

The last day of school before winter break is always worrisome to me.  I know my kids and none of them do well when they binge on junk food, but Ruthie is even moreso this way.  It keeps coming back to her acting in every way like she is hypoglycemic and yet always testing fine.  Diet (not dieting... just having good eating habits) is so crucial for her, as well as eating plenty and often.

So, this is one of those days where I know I need food to be small finger foods, easy to eat, and get that protein in her to really carry her through the day and her party with all that processed sugar she'll have put in her body.

And of course, when I'm packing that kind of lunch, I go straight for my Melissa & Doug box... it's just perfect for it.


She has DOUBLE the celery she had yesterday... peanut butter for dipping, spongebob graham crackers (79c for a 8oz bag at dollar store SCORE), and a clementine (yes, we got a small crate of these FREE because of the coupon we got on produce, so my kids are loving these and eating a bunch)

This container just works so perfect for these lunches because I can put the pb right in one compartment and it's one solid piece of plastic with no seams, so cleaning out the residue later is so much easier than other containers.  I usually put in more pb and send pretzels or plain crackers, but I didn't think she'd wanna dip graham crackers in pb... so I hope I didn't go wrong, but I thought the yummy cinnamon on them would be a nice treat and she DOES have a full 2Tbsp serving of pb.

She's got water to help keep her system hydrated so hopefully any sodas/juice boxes won't affect her too much, either.

No comments: