Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Leftovers? No problem!

Yes, I love to stick leftovers in Ruthie's lunch whenever possible... last night, we had fried chicken for dinner (the horrible greasy stuff from walmart... so yummy once in a blue moon), so the leftover thigh became our lunches for today. (yes, one thigh easily made one light sandwich for her and one thick one for me)

Some leftover wavy chips, green beans, and then for a treat, four of the delicious panda cookies that I picked up for her in the dollar section at Target.  All packed in the zip lock container simply because I just was not in the mood to use a separate one for the green beans... once I had it packed, though, I wished I had, because the cookies could have gone in the middle of her multigrain bagel sandwich and that would have been cute... and then you just don't need that small compartment... but nice when you are in a rush and just wanna grab one container.

If you like the size of these, I would recommend buying the EASY LUNCHBOXES system (available on amazon) instead, because they are much higher quality for everyday use.

The set of two ziplock ones were a score for 79c and since this is the third time I've used one (1st time was in a previous post, second time was for Jeffrey to take leftovers... it's a great size for him... filled to capacity), I am happy with them.


The box comes with what is supposed to be two servings... which is like... 12 of them... yeah... no... she got 4 for her treat and because she hadn't had them before, I let her have ONE this morning after her cereal, which (no surprise) had her telling me to buy more.  Thank goodness for lots of containers, though, since I then had to put the foil pouch they come sealed in into one of my small containers... but that's fine.

Oh, she's gotten two water bottles that are new recently (score at a thrift store for under a dollar a piece) and I borrowed an idea from a previous blog I read that I'm trying to find before I post what I did with them to personalize them.

No comments: