Thursday, February 11, 2010

First Blog Post - Some Cute Valentine's Day Dos

I got this wonderful hairdo from another blog - http://www.princesshairstyles.com/2010/02/quick-and-easy-heart-ponytail.html - what I did differently was to use an upside-down pull through... which helped the top knot stay out of the way while I made the main pony.

I also didn't use a separate band to connect the braids before connecting them to the top pony... I just held the braids between my middle and ring fingers while I gathered the pony... then held that in my left, took the braids in my right, figured out the point of attachment, and pinched them together in my left and put the band on...

I then added a second band to the main pony to attach the ends... just as she did... I thought it turned out a little better on Ruthie's hair... and made it look a little more like a typical puffy braid, just with the heart coming out of the sides.








Four-Hearts in Hair

This would work on about any length hair, as long as you have enough to make the hearts... this is based on this hairdo -http://www.princesshairstyles.com/2010/02/triple-heart-for-short-hair-too.html

First, I made my row of hearts... I did four instead of 3, which was pretty easy... a rat tail comb makes straight sections really easy




Instead of doing a row of "anchoring" ponies, I simply connected the tails of the hearts and used an elastic band to tie them off, which kept them on the correct side of the head and not moving... but a different look


I did this because I thought it then kind of made it look like the hearts were sections of one big heart


No comments: