Monday, April 5, 2010

Our First Updo

I've been nervous about trying the use of bobby pins on Ruthie... she can be very picky about her hair AND what I use in it.  I was pleasantly surprised, though, to find she really doesn't mind them at all and actually likes them because they don't pull hair.

I'm using Scunci brand ones because they came in a cute little case that holds them.  If I have to buy more, I can put them right in that case.... so it's great for organizational purposes.

All I did was take sections of hair (I variated size) and some I twisted clockwise, some I twisted counterclockwise, and others I didn't twist at all... and just wrapped the locks in a circular shape and secured with pins.

After I'd done that, I added a few pins around the edge to keep everything in place... and it held up great... all day.  And she loved it.

We will definitely be incorporating more updos with pins in our blog.


No comments: